The commission recently had its say via a statement, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to INEC, the earlier Nigerians realize that it is votes that counts, and not social media noise, the better for the country after the Presidential election next year.
INEC then urged citizens, especially the youth, to be actively involved in the process of electing new leaders.
It read, “This CVR exercise began on June 30 2021; but we have discovered that between that time and a few weeks ago, the turnout has been relatively low.”
“If the youth in this country would come out en masse to cast their votes, we will no longer be recording 15 or 20 per cent voter turnout in our elections, because we know that the population of the youth alone can make the difference.”
“The youth no longer visit the social media, they basically live there today. Therefore, when you want to reach out to them, you must go to where you will meet them – social media.”
“However, I will like to say that INEC does not conduct elections on social media neither do we count ballots on Twitter or Instagram.”
“Our ballots are counted in the ballot box. It is only the ballot paper that enters into the ballot box that the commission counts.”
“So, what does that mean? It means that on election day, people must go out to cast their votes. For you to be able to do so, you must be a registered voter and in possession of a PVC.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- Dj Kamol – Crazy Gyration ft Skailey Normal [AuDio]
- Mr. Charis – All Back ft Zouwrah [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – Celebrate [AuDio]
- Tekno + Ice Prince – Pray For Nigeria [AuDio]
- Fabulous Pizzy – My Prayer Point [AuDio]
- Limbuzee – Big Dreams ft Erigga [AuDio]
- Dj Slam – Fresh MixTape vol.1
- Dj R-Jay – Onome Mixtape ft Dj Akaba & Orezi
- Dj Bless – Naija Party [Mixtape]
- Dj Davisy – Naija Next Rated [MixTape]
- DJ Davisy – Best Of Olamide [MixTape]