Investigations by Breaking Times on Monday revealed that Aisha Buhari, wife of the President of Nigeria wore a Cartier Baignoire Folle 18-Carat White Gold Diamond Ladies Watch that cost �34,500 to President Buhari’s inauguration on Friday, May 29. The equivalent of this at the current CBN foreign exchange rate of N303 to �1 is N10, 453, 000.
The Cartier Baignoire Folle 18-Carat White Gold Diamond Ladies Watch comes in a case made of rhodiumised white gold set with brilliant-cut diamonds. On the side of the case is an octagonal crown set with a diamond. The case is 44mm high, 35mm wide and 10mm thick and is covered by glare-proof sapphire crystal glass.
President Muhammadu Buhari was elected riding on the wave of strong anti-corruption, integrity and pro-masses sentiment. This shocking extravagance by Mrs. Buhari runs contrary to earlier indications that the Buharis are modest and the President, a pastoral farmer with 150 cows, barely raised the money to pay for his presidential nomination form.
While some folks defended her right to wear what she owned, others maintained it was a red flag.
See some of the tweets:
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- Jamopyper & Davido – Better Better (Remix)
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Teeblaq – Gbemileke Remix ft Sound Sultan
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- 2Baba & Falz – Rise Up
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Rudeboy – Focus
- Falz – Mercy
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Ajebutter22 – Unconditionally ft Oxlade
- Humblesmith – Dance