Okei-Odumakin revealed this recently in a statement on Saturday in Lagos.
According to Odumakin, the way the federal and state governments have implemented their lockdown orders have been very haphazard and disjointed, a reality that will not make the pandemic go away anytime soon.
She added that only innovative and proactive measures by the government can defeat the virus in Nigeria once and for all.
Her words, “This calls to question the efficacy or otherwise of the lockdown policy of the federal and state governments.
“The haphazard and disjointed manner the federal and state governments have implemented and or violated lockdown will now have to come under scrutiny,”
“With a restive population agitating for the suspension of lockdown to stem widespread hunger and sharp rise in criminal activities.
“The figures point in the direction that community transmission is on the rise and it is evident enough that we are not yet out of the woods.
“And maybe not very soon!
“Innovative and proactive measures by government and the buy-in of the generality of the Nigerian people will be needed to defeat COVID-19.”
“In the finally analysis, quickly finding an effective vaccine against the virus from the rash and rush of researches all over the world may become the saving grace of a flustered world at its wits end.
“And soonest, too, before matters get out of hand.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Seyi Shay & Yemi Alade – Pempe
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Chidinma – Jehovah Overdo [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Tekno & Mafikizolo – Enjoy (Remix)