President Goodluck Jonathan on Thursday said contrary to the call by the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammad Abubakar III, his administration would not grant members of the Islamist militant group, Boko Haram amnesty.
Jonathan who spoke at a town hall meeting held in Damaturu as part of activities earmarked for his state visit to Yobe State said members of the sect could not be granted amnesty for now because they remained faceless and have refused to communicate with the government.
The Sultan of Sokoto had on Tuesday asked President Goodluck Jonathan to grant members of the Islamist militant group, Boko Haram, �total amnesty” for the sake of peace in the country.
Abubakar, who by his position as Sultan, is the spiritual head of Nigerian Muslims, argued that a presidential amnesty to even one member of the sect, could make others to lay down their arms for peace to reign in the nation.
We would love to know your thoughts on this post. Drop your comments
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Tiwa Savage – One [AuDio]
- Mixtape: DJ StiphBami Vs Dee’Jay Hacker Jp – Suave (Coalition Mixtape)
- DJ Maphorisa & Wizkid – Good Love [ViDeo]
- Ginger Breadman – School Of The Hard Knock [AuDio]
- SleeQ – The General’s Daughter [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – Odogwu [AuDio]