The mornach recently released a statement to share the good news and Nigerians have been congratulating them.
The statement read,
Congrats to them.
The Oba of Benin is the traditional ruler and the custodian of the culture of the Edo people and all Edoid people and head of the historic Eweka dynasty of the Benin kingdom.
The ancient Benin homeland (not to be confused with the modern-day and unrelated Republic of Benin, which was then known as Dahomey) has been and continues to be mostly populated by the Edo (also known as Benin ethnic group).
The title of Oba was used after the Ogiso title and was created by Oranmiyan, Benin kingdom’s first “Oba”. Oba Oranmiyan son of Oduduwa, is said to have ascended to power at some time between 1280 and 1300.
The Oba of Benin was the Head of State (king) of the Benin kingdom.
- SkiiBii – Are You Vhere [AuDio]
- Ecool – Sobente ft Myde
- Jeff Akoh – Better Thing (Remix) ft Peruzzi
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- D’banj – Ikebe [AuDio]
- Trilly & Davido – 1942
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- DJ Kaywise – Cheers To 2021 Mix
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Nandy & Joeboy – Number One