Ex-president Olusegun Obasanjo has revealed that one of his regrets in life was the inability of his parent to be alive to witness his success story in life.
Obasanjo described the death of his parents as “sad and regrettable, considering their sacrifices in making him what he has become as a man today, Nigerian Tribune reports.
Obasanjo said this in his remarks at a reception organised to mark his 81st birthday, held at the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library (OOPL), Abeokuta, on Monday, March 5.
He said: “One thing that saddens my heart when I remember is that my parents left this world too early. They made sacrifices and they did not wait to see the results. How I wish they have waited to see and eat fruits of their labour.
“But going by what Yoruba believe and says that, the dead always watch over their beloved ones and see happenings around them, I am convinced that, my parents are happy in their graves, as they watch over me.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- BOJ – Emotions
- Ajaeze – Reason
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- Crayon – Jackpot ft Bella Shmurda
- Blaqbonez – Bling ft Amaarae & Buju