The royal fathers’ group, Yoruba Obas Forum recently demanded a public apology from OBJ, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to the group, Obasanjo’s outburst was nothing but an affront and an intentional desecration of revered traditional stools in Yorubaland.
Yoruba Obas Forum added that Obasanjo should know by now that respect should be earned, not demanded.
It read, “On behalf of the entire Yoruba Obas, we are using this medium to call upon the former President of Nigeria (Obasanjo) to immediately apologise to monarchs from Oke-Ogun zone for his undeserved remarks over his claim that they failed to stand up when the governor (Makinde) and himself climbed the podium at the inauguration of LAUTECH’s College of Agricultural Science and Renewable Natural Resources, Iseyin.”
“The Forum also noted that even if the Obas at the occasion acted in breach of The Act of Precedence of 1999, Obasanjo should have noted it in his speech rather than scolding them like pupils or military recruits.”
“We think respect should be earned, not demanded. An injury to one is an injury to all. Yoruba traditional institution is not like a military setup that anyone can command at will.”
“We condemn this act by Obasanjo and we call for his public apology to all the disgraced Obas and the entire Yoruba people by extension without further delay.”
- Dj Baddo – Best Of 2Face [MixTape]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Dj Sly – Naija MixTape (Freestyle)
- Wizkid – Joy / No Woman No Cry (Bob Marley Cover)
- Tekno – Alleluya [AuDio + Viral ViDeo]
- Sauti SoL – Isabella [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best Of Terry G [MixTape]
- Shuun Bebe – Who U Help [AuDio]
- WizKid – Come Closer ft Drake [AuDio]
- Pasuma – Oloun O Je ft Qdot [AuDio]
- Flavour – Golibe (Acoustic Version) [AuDio]
- Awilo Longomba – Bundelele [AuDio]