The Vice-President of the association, Mr. Collins Farinto, revealed this today in Lagos.
According to Collins, agents take care of 99 percent of their ports’ operations with the help of commercial motorcycles, but that is no longer possible.
He added that their bikes were important when processing the documents meant to clear their goods within a brief period of time from a port to another to avoid incurring demurrage.
He also said this proves that banning motorcycles in the state would trigger some serious economic complications.
His words, “Everybody can testify to it that all the activities relating to getting cargo documents processed have been made easy due to the availability of commercial motorcycles.
“About 99 per cent of our job is done by transporting ourselves on motorcycles.
“If we have any consignment to clear at the Tin-Can port or Kirikiri Lighter Terminal, one has to trek now or drive through the bad roads.
“Banning of motorcycles will have adverse effects on the economy of the state.
“This is not what the Lagos State Governor promised us during his electioneering.
“He promised to review and protect the operations of motorcycles in the state.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Skales – I Dey Miss You ft Imanse
- King Six – These Days
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- B Red – Lady ft Yemi Alade
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- YCee – Aunty Lovina ft Patoranking
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Tems – Crazy Tings
- Olamide & Eskeez – Loose It
- Jaywon – Las Last ft Seyi Vibez
- L.A.X – Faster