Konga and Jumia are at each other’s throats! Konga is considering taking legal action against the owners of Jumia.
Konga is alleging that Rocket Internet, parent company of Jumia has hijacked all look alike names to Konga.com and registered it to divert traffic to their own site, Jumia.com.
Rocket Internet registered Konga.cd for Cote D’Ivoire, Konga.cm for Cameroun, Konga.ly for Libya, Konga.mu for
Mauritius and Konga.ma for Morocco.
Others include: Konga.mw for Malawi, Konga.sc for Seychelles, Konga.sh for Saint Helena, Konga.co.ke for Kenya and Konga.co.za for SA.
The look alike sites were reportedly registered in June 2012 by Arnt Jeschke on behalf of Rocket Internet GmbH in
Konga is now claiming that this development is affecting its effectiveness in over eleven countries including Nigeria, where it’s major customers are.
Meanwhile sources close to Jumia.com claim Konga also registered a look alike name Jumai.com.ng which redirects
to Konga. Konga claims they have since dropped the name.
In internet business, this practice is called cybersquatting and many countries have enacted a law against it.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Philkeyz, Yemi Alade & Bisa Kdei – Complicated [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Flex [ViDeo]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Omah Lay – Godly [AuDio]
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- Kizz Daniel – Currently ft Olamide, Falz & LK Kuddy
- Stefflon Don – Can’t Let You Go Remix ft Tiwa Savage & Rema