This is coming after an agreement with German company, Siemens to boost power supply in Nigeria.
According to the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, power is very important for economic development so it remains a priority for Buhari’s government.
He added that it is clear that inadequate power supply has stifled Nigeria’s economic development so steps must be taken to make things work.
His words, “It will be an understatement to say that inadequate power supply, hallmarked by regularly blackouts, has stifled Nigeria’s economic development.
“It is perhaps the single most formidable obstacle to the country’s economic development.”
“To put things in perspective, Nigeria’s current power generation capacity is more than 13,000 megawatts, but only an average of 3,400 megawatts reliably reach consumers.
“In essence, the current amount of power that reaches consumers will more than double by the end of next year.
“In addition, this will create thousands of jobs and wil leapfrog the country into the next level of industrial and social development.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Skales – I Dey Miss You ft Imanse
- King Six – These Days
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- B Red – Lady ft Yemi Alade
- YCee – Aunty Lovina ft Patoranking
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Tems – Crazy Tings
- Olamide & Eskeez – Loose It
- Jaywon – Las Last ft Seyi Vibez
- L.A.X – Faster