Prof. Mojisola Adeyeye, the Director-General of NAFDAC revealed this in a recent interview with News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Monday in Abuja.
According to her, the act is far from encouraging and using leaves is far better, but it has to be clean.
She added that Nylon is bad for packaging hot because the heat makes the nylon leach chemicals into the meal you consume, which is bad for your health.
Her words, “Packaging of pap in nylon is not encouraging; leaves are all over place, leaf is the best thing to use for packaging item and it must be clean.
“Nylon is not good for packaging hot food because the heat will make the nylon to leach chemicals as such must be discouraged. Plastic materials usually have bisphenol which can cause cancer.
“We are doing a study in our labs on different packaging of food, especially on nylon, the outcome will be out shortly.”
“Such idea is wrong and it amounts to adding salicylic acid into the water one intends to drink.’’
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Mr P & Tiwa Savage – I Do [AuDio]
- Rema – Ginger Me [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- BOJ – Emotions
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Wizkid & Akon – Escape [AuDio]
- Diamond Platnumz – Simba [AuDio]