The Independent National Electoral Commission has said it would not issue a Certificate of Return to Senator Hope Uzodinma because it had not been served the enrolled order of the Supreme Court judgement which sacked Governor Emeka Ihedioha of Imo State.
According to News, INEC made the statement on Wednesday while reacting to enquiries why it had not given Uzodimma the CoR 15 hours after the Apex Court’s verdict.
The Chief Press Secretary of the INEC Chairman, Rotimi Oyekanmi, made the clarification in a short response to journalists in Abuja.
He said, “Dear colleagues, please be informed that the commission is yet to be served with the enrolled order of the Supreme Court judgement.
“Therefore, we cannot issue the Certificate of Return to the APC candidate yet. However, once the commission receives the enrolled order, the CoR will be issued.
”Recall that Ihedioha, a former Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives and governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in the 2019 election was sacked by a panel of Supreme Court Justices on technical grounds.
Uzodinma, former Chairman, Senate Committee on Aviation and governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress, was ordered to be inaugurated as governor with immediate effect.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Tiwa Savage – One [AuDio]
- Mixtape: DJ StiphBami Vs Dee’Jay Hacker Jp – Suave (Coalition Mixtape)
- DJ Maphorisa & Wizkid – Good Love [ViDeo]
- David Jones David – Jingle Bell [AuDio]
- Ginger Breadman – School Of The Hard Knock [AuDio]
- SleeQ – The General’s Daughter [AuDio]