CBS pulled her song ‘Run This Town’ which features Jay Z and Kanye West off their pre-game songs. Usually, CBS plays ‘Run This Town’ before every NFL games but cut it off�Ravens vs. Steelers pre-game songs because of the domestic violence case facing Ray Rice. Rihanna had been involved in domestic violence before.
Rihanna took to Twiiter yesterday to blast CBS writing, “CBS you pulled my song last week, now you wanna slide it back in this Thursday? NO, F*** you! Y’all are sad for penalizing me for this.”
She followed that up by writing, “The audacity …”
It’s important to realize we are not overacting to this story but it is as big a story as has faced the NFL. We thought journalistically and from a tone standpoint, we needed to have the appropriate tone and coverage. A lot of the production elements we wanted in the show are being eliminated because of time or tone.
Today, after Ri tweeted her disappointment, CBS responded by announcing that they’ve removed her song completely from the intro of the Thursday night games completely:
Beginning this Thursday, we will be moving in a different direction with some elements of our Thursday Night Football open. We will be using our newly created ‘Thursday Night Football’ theme music to open our game broadcast.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Joe El – Epo ft Zlatan & Davido
- Omah Lay – Godly [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Currently ft Olamide, Falz & LK Kuddy
- Ajebo Hustlers – Pronto ft Omah Lay [AuDio]
- Stefflon Don – Can’t Let You Go Remix ft Tiwa Savage & Rema
- Timi Dakolo – Everything
- Davido – Risky ft Popcaan [AuDio]