Manchester City coach, Pep Guardiola believes his midfielder, Rodri could be out for up to a month after he suffered a hamstring injury during the 5-1 Champions League win over Atalanta.
After helping Pep’s team keep a clean sheet in the 2-0 win over Crystal Palace on Saturday, Guardiola selected Rodri and Fernandinho again in central defense, with John Stones left on the bench.
However, as he tried to tackle Atalanta captain, Alejandro Gomez, during the game, Rodri immediately picked up an injury and exited the pitch minutes later.
After the game, Pep confirmed his injury is hamstring-related but he still has no idea how long he would be out for.
His words, “Tomorrow [Wednesday] we will know,”
“Hopefully [Rodri will be out] between 10 days if it is not broken [torn].
“If it is broken, it will be three weeks or one month.
“It is hamstring, it looks like. When a guy runs and puts his hand in the hamstring position, it is a hamstring.”
Stones also said, “It’s the first season for Rodri, he’s slotted in brilliantly in a new league, a different for him and he’s breezed it,”
“Credit to Fernandinho, he’s helped him along. We work on playing different positions in training all the time, knowing everyone’s jobs and the roles on the pitch, so you can almost play blind when you have the ball.
“It’s been good to be back out on the pitch for me on a personal note, [but I’m] upset to see Rodri has a little injury. We’ll see how it is.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Tems – Crazy Tings
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- 2Baba – Searching ft Bongos Ikwue
- Olamide & Eskeez – Loose It
- DJ Latitude, Soundz & Fireboy DML – Peru (Amapiano Remix)
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Tito Da.Fire – Kokoro [AuDio + ViDeo]
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- L.A.X – Faster
- Skales – I Dey Miss You ft Imanse
- Jaywon – Las Last ft Seyi Vibez