Chief Sunny revealed this as he addressed newsmen in Warri, Delta state recently.
According to him, rural dwellers in Nigeria do not believe the virus is real so the government has to increase its sensitization and education to make them completely aware of the pandemic.
He added that the sensitization campaign should be centered around the practice of personal and environmental hygiene generally, as well as the adherence to social distancing.
His words, “The sensitization campaign should be centered around the practice of personal and environmental hygiene generally, as well as the adherence to social distancing.
“Yes, there are awareness programmes on electronic media like radio and television, but how many of the rural dwellers have access to radio and television, even with the absence of electricity.
“I will advise that government make use of the local town criers who will be going about informing them of the dangers of the disease and how to prevent them from contracting and spreading it.
“The traditional rulers, village heads and family leaders should also be inculcated on direct education of their subjects on the importance of regular use of face pad, keeping of social distance, washing of hands with clean water and soap, use of hand sanitizer, coughing into tissue paper and proper disposal of used materials.”
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Killertunes – Light Up ft Walshy Fire, Sha Sha & Like Mike
- Becky G & Burna Boy – Rotate
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]