He revealed this recently via a statement signed by the Director, Social Communications, Rev. Fr. Anthony Godonu today.
According to him, the allegations of police brutality on the masses are very unprofessional, so they must be addressed as soon as possible.
He added that even if the reason SARS was set up is noble, the officers involved have resorted to molesting the very people they are meant to protect.
His words, “The recent increase in allegations of police brutality, particularly SARS operatives, against Nigerians, mostly youths across the country, is not only a breach of professional conduct but also sheer wickedness.”
“It also showed the lack of respect for the citizens for whose welfare they were set up.”
“The officers in charge of such units must be specially trained, well-funded and equipped for such purpose. SARS at present has compromised the purpose of its existence.”
“We have received reports and seen many online videos alleging that some personnel of the Nigeria Police Force have been involved in various acts of brutality and extortion against innocent citizens.
“It is sad that a good fraction of the persons who are constitutionally empowered to provide security and ensure peace have now turned against the people they are meant to protect.
“We have also received reports of how some SARS officials are accused of executing victims in extrajudicial manner.
“The only way of assuaging the anger in the land now is to ensure that the guilty ones are brought to face the law and justice seen to have been done.”
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Trey Songz – Sleepless Nights ft Davido
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- Sean Paul, Ir Sais & Davido – Dream Girl
- Magnito – Ungrateful ft Umu Obiligbo & Ninety [AuDio]
- Ajebo Hustlers – Barawo (Remix) ft Davido [ViDeo]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Preme, Popcaan & Davido – Comfortable