He recently revealed this over the weekend at the 2021 Day of the Seafarer, tagged, “Fair Future for Seafarers.”
According to him, it is the duty of these ship owners to look for creative means to ensure improved welfare for seafarers, while proffering permanent solutions to issues that affect their work.
He added that seafarers sometimes battle perils of the seas on their own and put their lives on the line to ensure goods are safely delivered at designated ports.
His words, “l am, however, glad to inform you that Nigeria, as a member state of the IMO, was one of the first countries to declare seafarers essential workers in order to ease their sufferings.”
“The nation through the Federal Ministry of Transportation and its Agencies will continue to ensure that government policies are tailored towards improving the welfare and working conditions of the seafarers in line with international standard and statutory conventions.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- Shadow – Dead Roses
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Soft – Comot Body
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Small Doctor – Hain!!!
- Timi Dakolo – Obim ft Ebuka & Noble Igwe
- Asa – Mayana
- Lussh & DJ Latitude – Dance Riddim
- Niphkeys & Zinoleesky – Blessings
- Lyta – High Vibration ft Naira Marley