Music sensation, Seyi Shay spoke to Vanguard recently and she spoke about how she got into the music industry, what surrounds it and of course, relationship and marriage.
Seyi also told told the newspaper the reason why she left Flytime promotions
In the beginning I was with Flytime as an independent artiste that Flytime will be promoting, because Flytime promotes that is what they do. So I joined them with the intention of being promoted by them solely, but I was still in control of sourcing my own management, my own production, sourcing my own PR and so on and so forth. They did a really great job of putting me on different platforms and shows.
The reason our working relationship ended is because I did not have the team that I have now, then. That is my road management, my management, my team, my engine. I didn’t have that. So I spoke to Flytime this is what I need, this is what I want, that I would like to be my own brand. So how do you feel about that? And they said: ‘Fine we will still support you, we will still promote you, we will still go out and source things for you.
If you want to do things your own way, you are free to do that’. It’s not that we don’t have a relationship any more; we still do. But we don’t work together as record company and artiste. I think that is the general misconception people didn’t actually understand.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Davido – Risky ft Popcaan [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Chiké – Forever (Gyakie Cover)
- Rema – Beamer (Bad Boyz) [AuDio]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon