The Senator representing Ondo South Senatorial District at the National Assembly, Sen. Nicholas Tofowomo has come out to say that the “Protection from Internet Falsehood and Manipulations Bill, 2019” is an unnecessary duplication of laws for Nigerians.
Nicholas revealed this in a statement issued by his Special Assistant on Media, Mr. Olumide Akinrinlola, on Monday in Okitipupa.
According to him, the purpose of the bill has already been tackled by the Cybercrime Act, 2015 which was signed into law by former President Goodluck Jonathan.
His words, “The Cybercrime Act, signed into law by former President Goodluck Jonathan, has addressed internet usage and safety, with regards to prevention, prohibition, combating cybercrimes and threats to the cyberspaces, and also prescribes the punishments for cybercrime offenders.
”The Constitution, which also guarantees freedom of expression as a fundamental right, also makes relevant provisions for the restrictions and derogation of such rights.
“So the aims and objectives of the new bill, ”Protection from Internet Falsehood and Manipulations Bill 2019,” have already been addressed in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the Cybercrime Act, 2015.
”I, therefore, enjoin Nigerians to follow due process by attending the public hearing of the Senate Committee on Judiciary, Human Rights and Legal Matters to present their petitions and air their views instead of complaining on social media.”
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Killertunes – Light Up ft Walshy Fire, Sha Sha & Like Mike
- Becky G & Burna Boy – Rotate
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]