The NMA President, Dr Uche Ojinmah recently revealed this to the press, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to him, workers in the state have simply been unable to function because they are being owed several months’ salary arrears.
NMA added that he is really sad to see how some state teaching hospitals as of today cannot even boast of a complete department.
His words, “Workers in some state hospitals are being owed several months’ salary arrears. So how can they function.”
“States are being neglected, some state teaching hospitals as of today cannot boast of a complete department. You go there and see only a skeletal number of people, and the state governors are happy. The doctors overwork but everybody expects them to behave well.”
“That it is a state hospital doesn’t mean it should be a shadow of itself; it should be able to render services to the people. That is why you come to the teaching hospitals and see somebody with malaria coming for treatment.”
“As a dermatologist, there are some dermatological issues I should handle, not eczema, ringworm. They are not what I am trained to handle. An average person in a primary or secondary health system should be able to take care of those things if they are functional while I focus on more serious things like skin cancers, and tumours. But the primary health care system is gone. The state hospitals are overgrown with weeds.”
“It’s only the teaching hospitals that are functioning, so everybody comes to the teaching hospital.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- DJ Kaywise – Cheers To 2022 Mix
- Mozatti – PUNA ft Iyanya
- Pheelz & Rayvanny – Finesse (East African Remix) ft Theecember
- DJ Latitude, Soundz & CKay – Emiliana (Amapiano Remix)
- King Six – Gone
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- DJ 4kerty – Zazoo MixTape
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Timaya – Get My Money Right
- Dremo – Monaco
- Afrobank Music & Tiwa Savage New Year Mix with DJ Promtwist
- Terry G – Shayo Yapa ft Prince banton