The Teachers� Registration Council of Nigeria, TRCN, have attributed partially the cause of the mass failure witnessed in various examinations for primary and secondary school students to youth corps members who are posted to teach without relevant qualifications.
The Director of Operations of the Council, Steve Nwokocha, made the declaration at the maiden induction/graduation of 118 Professional Diploma in Education graduates held at the Federal College of Education, Osiele, Abeokuta on Tuesday.
He advised authorities of the National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, to stop deploying corp members who lack basic teaching knowledge to schools, emphasizing that this act contributed to the mass failure being witnessed in the country in recent years.
�The issue of having mass failure is a process. Part of the people contributing to the process are these corpers. It is an abuse to our profession.
�Government should stop posting youth corpers to teach in schools. We at the council are against posting of NYSC without teaching background to schools,� he said.
Nwokocha condemned the hundreds of thousands youth corpers deployed to schools to teach, emphasizing that only graduates of education should be posted to schools to teach students.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Crayon – Jackpot ft Bella Shmurda
- Rema – Dumebi [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best Of Terry G [MixTape]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Sauti Sol – Live and Die in Afrika [Album]