She recently revealed this at the launch of the World Bank Nigeria Development Update in Abuja, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to her, about 30 to 40 million Nigerians, who are the poorest in the country, would definitely have access to the grant as well.
Zainab added that the subsidies regime in the [oil] sector remains unsustainable and economically disingenuous.
Her words, “The subsidies regime in the [oil] sector remains unsustainable and economically disingenuous.”
“Ahead of the target date of mid-2022 for the complete elimination of fuel subsidies, we are working with our partners on measures to cushion the potential negative impact of the removal of the subsidies on the most vulnerable at the bottom 40% of the population.”
“One of such measures would be to institute a monthly transport subsidy in the form of cash transfer of N5,000 to between 30 – 40 million deserving Nigerians.”
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Falz – Oga ft Bontle Smith & Sayfar
- Davido – Champion Sound ft Focalistic
- Fanzy Papaya – Goal Goal ft Umu Obiligbo
- Dr Dolor – Notice
- L.A.X – Peru
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- Skiibii – Baddest Boy
- Ice Prince & Ckay – Shakara
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Omah Lay – Free My Mind
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape