He recently revealed this via a statement through his media aide, Mr Tunde Rahman, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to him, even if Nigeria’s security infrastructure must be upgraded as soon as possible, the release of the schoolboys definitely vindicated Buhari.
He then urged the armed forces to renew themselves and put in efforts to make not just schools safe for students, but also cities and villages.
His words, “The quick release of the schoolboys from their abductors had vindicated the president in his untiring efforts to rid the country of insecurity and see the back of bandits and insurgents in the land.
“The initial abduction of the over 300 Kankara schoolboys from their dormitory in broad daylight was unsettling and raises a serious concern.
“However, their prompt rescue from their abductors is heart-warming.
“It vindicates President Buhari in his untiring commitment and determination to rid the country of insecurity and confront Boko Haram insurgents and bandits operating in some parts of the country,” he said.
He noted that the laudable effort must be sustained.
“I empathise with the agonised parents and relations of the abducted schoolboys and rejoice with them over the release of their children from the jaws of the abductors.
“These boys must now be reunited with their families.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Seyi Shay & Yemi Alade – Pempe
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- Crayon – Jackpot ft Bella Shmurda
- Chidinma – Jehovah Overdo [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape