Yul simply revealed that any teacher who flogs pupils for speaking their native language should be ashamed of himself or herself.
According to him, the whites have definitely messed up our brains for Africans to think like that.
He added that the fact that we refer to our own language as vernacular is nothing short of sad.
His words, “To think that some of our teachers flogged us back then in school for speaking our language.
Calling it vernacular. Can you imagine? You speak your own language you get flogged. All those teachers should be ashamed of themselves. Oyibo people really messed up our brains.”
What do you think?
Yul Edochie (born Yul Chibuike Daniel Edochie 7 January 1982 is a Nigerian actor, named after popular Russian actor Yul Brynner.
He is from Anambra state Nigeria, the son of Nigerian actor Pete Edochie. He was raised both in Lagos and Enugu. He is the last of 6 children. He got married at the age of 22.
He attended the University of Port Harcourt, where he received a Bachelor of Arts in Dramatic Arts.
Yul attended Lillians’ Day Nursery School and Robinson Street Primary School, Enugu between 1984 and 1992. His secondary education started from 1992 to 1998. In those 6 years he went to Marist Brothers’ Juniorate, Uturu , University Secondary School Enugu, Ecumenical Community Secondary School Enugu and New Haven Boys Secondary School Enugu Respectively.
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Ajebo Hustlers – Barawo (Remix) ft Davido [ViDeo]
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Terry Apala – We No Want Sars [AuDio]
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- Danny S – O O (Original Ole) [AuDio]
- Yung Alpha & Ice Prince – Because Of iPhone [AuDio]
- Simi – There For You ft Ms Banks [AuDio]
- Skales – Tell Us [AuDio]