He recently had his say via while speaking to State House Correspondents, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to him, even if independence Day is a historic event for any country, this year’s event will surely be a low-key one for obvious reasons.
George added that it is time for reflection as a people, but he can assure Nigerians that there will be better days ahead.
His words, “Independence is a historic event for any country and we Nigerians are no exemptions.
We are fully prepared for celebrations and for obvious reasons, it is going to be low-key and we are wishing Nigerians the best of luck and I want to assure them that better days are coming and pretty soon too.
This is going to be low key; we are not going on fantastic jamboree at the Eagle Square and other locations.
It’s a time for reflections…to think very deeply as a people. This journey is being charted by the captain of the ship.
Labour leaders are very patriotic Nigerians and we want to believe correctly that nobody will want to cause a strike.
It’s not in the interest of the workers; it’s not in the interest of anybody because this government is very determined to ensure a good standard of living for Nigerians and to create prosperity for all.
It’s not something that can be done overnight. This government came into being on May 29 and we have a tenure of four years. So, it will be inappropriate for us to begin to judge based on the few months we have spent in the office.”
- Dj Baddo – Best Of 2Face [MixTape]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Dj Sly – Naija MixTape (Freestyle)
- Wizkid – Joy / No Woman No Cry (Bob Marley Cover)
- Tekno – Alleluya [AuDio + Viral ViDeo]
- Sauti SoL – Isabella [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best Of Terry G [MixTape]
- Shuun Bebe – Who U Help [AuDio]
- WizKid – Come Closer ft Drake [AuDio]
- Pasuma – Oloun O Je ft Qdot [AuDio]
- Flavour – Golibe (Acoustic Version) [AuDio]
- Awilo Longomba – Bundelele [AuDio]