He recently revealed this while speaking to the press, and fans have been reacting.
According to him, the Muslim-Muslim ticket was very ill-advised as it is capable of polarising the country down the path of religious crisis, and he believes Tinubu will regret making such a move.
He, however, added that as a party man and a foundation member of the APC, he would still work for the success of APC at the 2023 general election.
His words, “Are you saying there is no Christian in the North capable of occupying the position of Vice president? I view it as an insult on the sensibilities of the Christian community. As I was not part of the decision that brought about the tickets, I have tried to see if anyone can convince me but no one has been able to do so.”
“Even though it worked before in 1993, the scenario then was quite different from what is at play today. Nigeria has been so much polarised that she needs a lot of reconciliation and unity which same religious tickets cannot provide in a country with two major religions, Christianity and Islam.”
“I believe that if we truly want peaceful coexistence in the country, we must be seen to be doing everything possible to pacify all religions to bring about peace and not otherwise.”
“However, as a party man, I will have no choice but still work for the success of my party at the polls.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- DJ Kaywise – Cheers To 2022 Mix
- Fireboy DML – Compromise ft Rema
- T.I Blaze – My Life
- Bella Shmurda – New Born Fela
- Mr. Charis – All Back ft Zouwrah [AuDio]
- Dj Kamol – Crazy Gyration ft Skailey Normal [AuDio]
- Carter Efe & Berri Tiga – Machala
- Afrobank Music & Tiwa Savage New Year Mix with DJ Promtwist
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- DJ 4kerty – Zazoo MixTape
- Mr Eazi – Personal Baby
- Tiwa Savage & Zinoleesky – Jaiye Foreign