Nollywood actress Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde says no to violence! The superstar is putting her feet down that no human being is entitled to being violated in any form because it is a crime punishable by law.
”Violence is unbelievable,” the actress shares her thoughts with Pulse TV at the ‘Poverty Is Sexist’ campaign launch by One Organization in Lagos.
”When it’s your child, I don’t see it as violence, I see it as discipline because you are hoping they must have learned or you have trained them enough but when they are above 18, to hit them is violence,” she added.
Omotola further states that the continuous rise of domestic violence in African homes is alarming and it’s time for the governments to put a stop to it given how many women suffer due to being violated.
”To even hit a woman is double unbelievability,” the actress stressed on how inhuman it is. ”If you are a man and married to a woman, how do you hit a woman and expect her to be romantic or loving towards you? No adult wants to be hit. Once you hit them you take a piece of their heart away.”
The actress then urge African governments to do something and do it fast. ”We want leaders of these countries to rise up and fight for the women. A woman can hardly hurt a man… and when a man hits a woman even playfully, they can send them to a hospitable. So women always need to be protected”
As for her advice to the men, she says: ”Love a woman. Treat her specially. She doesn’t have as much strength as you do. So be the man and pamper a woman.”
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- Burna Boy – RockStar (Reggae version) [AuDio]
- DJ Kaywise – What Type Of Dance ft Mayorkun, Naira Marley & Zlatan
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- DJ Maphorisa & Wizkid – Good Love [ViDeo]