Below are the two lessons she claimed the note taught her.
Two important management lessons i learnt from a 500 Naira note.
1. It happened some time ago but . I was in an audience listening to a motivational speaker. The speaker got out his wallet & pulled out a 500 Naira note. Holding it up, he asked, �Who wants this 500 naira note?”
Lots of hands went up. Including mine. A slow chorus began to build as people began to shout �Me!” �Me!” I began to wonder who the lucky one would be who the speaker would choose. And I also secretly wondered (and I am sure others did too ) why he would simply give away 500 naira. Even as the shouts of �I want it” grew louder, I noticed a young woman running down the aisle. She ran up onto the stage, went up to the speaker, and grabbed the five 500 naira note from his hand. �Well done, young lady,” said the speaker into the microphone. The speaker simply say �Most of us just sit and wait for good things to happen. That’s of no use. You’ve got to make things happen. Make a move” ‘Simply thinking about doing something is of no use and not gud enough’. Our lives are like that. We all see opportunities around us. We all want the good things. But the problem is we don’t take action. We all want the 500 naira notes on offer. But we don’t make the move. We look at it longingly. Get up, and do something about it. Don’t worry about what other people might think.
2. later, the speaker got another 500 naira note and held it up for all to see, I thought I knew what’s up. But he just asked a simple question. �How much is this worth?” �Five Hundred naira!” the crowd yelled in unison. �Right,” said the speaker. He then took the note and crumpled it into a ball and asked �How much is it worth now?” �Five Hundred naira!” screamed the audience. He then threw the note on the ground, stamped all over it and picked up the note and asked one more time: �And how much is it worth now?” �Five Hundred naira!” was the response. �I want you to remember this,” said the speaker. �Just because someone crumples it, or stamps on it, the value of the note does not diminish. We should all be like the 500 naira note.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Ajaeze – Reason
- StarBoy – Check ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- BOJ – Emotions
- Blaqbonez – Bling ft Amaarae & Buju
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]