Popular media personality, OAP and TV presenter, Tolu Oniru-Demuren popularly known as Toolz is the latest celebrity to blaze the cover of Vanguard Allure Magazine and she spoke on an array of things from being different to everyone else to how she feels when she’s being looked up to. Below are some excerpts from the revealing interview below:
As a curvy woman first and also a woman in the entertainment world, are you regularly reminded of your ‘physicality’ especially with regards to television work?
Toolz : Absolutely! When I started in this industry, I felt like the odd one out because I looked different. Photo shoots were particularly difficult as I was often told by the stylists that ‘pulling’ clothes for me would be tricky.
Many young women look up to you as an icon for your size, your style, career trajectory and, most recently, your new phase as wife and mom-to-be. How does it all make you feel and how do you find yourself responding?
Toolz : If I’m going to be completely honest, I get quite scared when I think about being looked up to. I’d always thought that being in that position meant you had to be near perfect and here I am with lots and lots of flaws! When I get positive messages from young women, I get very bashful but it has to be the best part of my job. Asides from being a successful media personality, my main aim was and is to make a difference in society. If me being me has impacted someone positively, I’m truly thankful to God.
- Tentik – Recognize Now or Famz Later MixTape
- Tiwa Savage – Dangerous Love [AuDio]
- Limbuzee – Big Dreams ft Erigga [AuDio]
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- DJ Maphorisa & Wizkid – Good Love [ViDeo]
- David Jones David – Jingle Bell [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Erigga – AYEME ft Yungzee [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Sarz & Wizkid – Hold Me (Memories That Last Forever)