To usher in the new year we can mention a few events that got everyone talking, chatting, tweeting, laughing and above all made 2012 a memorable one. After considering the entertainment industry I have decided to highlight a few things that went wrong and only these few made it to the top ten most criticised occurrence in the entertainment industry for 2012.
Starting from the least.
10. SHINA RAMBO
His association with the Rave of the moment (Davido) could not save him from the backlash he got from the release of his single ‘ijo shina’.
9. Vic O
This dude claims he doesn’t know why he makes people laugh. He is probably thinking his lyrics are as dope as that of Nas or Vector (on the home front).
One thing about him is that he gets a hundred critical views within seconds of upload.
8. Boss of HKN gang found stardom late last year with his massive hit ‘Dami Duro’. However that has not prevented him from a few controversy ranging from assaulting a Cab driver, scandalous bedroom pictures with random girls and the award of the most slapped celebrity (@elegushi and Rhytm unplug) of 2012.
Before the break up with his erstwhile label mate and co owner Don Jazzy, the Duo were criticised early in the year for their involvement in the GEJ campaign. While Don Jazzy apologised to angry Nigerians basking in the euphoria of the Fuel subsidy Saga, D’banj on the other hand feigned ignorance which was not taken calmly by the angry majority.
6. The HEADiES
If for nothing the category of ‘up coming act’ in the awards should be scrapped. Davido after a Platinum selling album clinched the award for that category, the organisers should know better. The category should predict not confirm. We had the likes of Burna Boi, K9, Mani LaPuSsh, Eva to consider for that Award.
5. ‘The GHANNIANS’ on Twitter
The Ghannians were forced to silence by their Nigerian counterparts on twitter, after they criticised the Nigerian Basketball team for falling woefully to the Americans. It was a serious trade of harsh words with the Nigerians dwelling on the skin colour of Ghanians.
4. YvONNe NELSON
Her short lived romance with Iyanya was Topic of gist in Naija and Ghanna. After admitting to marry Iyanya if he asked her, fans were shocked to hear her claim that Tonto Dikeh snatched Iyanya (though Iyanya denied having any affair whatsoever with Tonto) Nelson was criticised for giving her heart to a man that only wants her ‘WAIST’.
3. CALABAR CARNIVAL
The yearly event seemed to have gained a lot if attention. Just that the attention has drifted from the colourful display of costume and performance by musicians to the over exposure of flesh by the female participants. The carnival is gradually gathering a reputation of parading semi nude ladies. We fear that in the nearest future spectators will be on the lookout ladies. The carnival was even re-christened Calabar Pornival
2. KOKO CONCERT
The Koko master can be referred to as the new Moses leading his fans through the long journey to Koko concert. Everything that could possibly go wrong went wrong at the Koko concert. The kokotrek (now trending), Venue, Foreign Artist (save for Tinie Tempah) even Idris Elba couldn’t save the day.
1. Sitting comfortably on the top of the list is Tonto Dikeh, her song ‘Get High’ was criticised widely even by people that were yet to hear it. However the song shot her to the limelight for those that are not Nollywood fans and was the talk of the town on the release date it also managed a record of over 1million downloads.
Share Ur comments
We at NaijaVibe.Net wish you a prosperous 2013.
Thanks for supporting Us
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Killertunes – Light Up ft Walshy Fire, Sha Sha & Like Mike
- Becky G & Burna Boy – Rotate
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]