The Director-General of the agency, Prof. Mojisola Adeyeye revealed this in Abuja recently.
According to her, NAFDAC knew about the practice in December 2019 and it really has to stop because it is strictly a medicine that is used to relieve pains.
She added that the habit of cooking with Paracetamol tablet is a sign of the high level of illiteracy among several Nigerians.
His words, “When I got to know about Paracetamol and Aspirin being used to cook “ponmo” (cow skin) in the name of food softener, I said to myself `what else can we not do?’.
“Paracetamol is a medicine and an analgesic to be taken for pains, and for some Nigerians to use it to cook meat as tenderiser? this surprises me.”
“Paracetamol is a chemical that changes when the temperature is high; it changes from Paracetamol or Acetaminophen to paraminophino and to benzoquin.
“These are products that destroy the kidney.
“We have done a lot of enlightenment on this through a programme called ‘NAFDAC and Your Health.
“Our people don’t realise that chemical will always be chemical, and when subjected to unusual temperature, pressure and humidity, it changes.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Tiwa Savage – One [AuDio]
- Mixtape: DJ StiphBami Vs Dee’Jay Hacker Jp – Suave (Coalition Mixtape)
- DJ Maphorisa & Wizkid – Good Love [ViDeo]
- Ginger Breadman – School Of The Hard Knock [AuDio]
- SleeQ – The General’s Daughter [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – Odogwu [AuDio]