He recently revealed this when he received the management of the Guardian Newspaper on a courtesy visit, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to him, these desks for fact-checking will definitely help to guard against fake news and misinformation in Nigeria.
He added that such a move will also help citizens to separate fact from fiction, which is really key.
His words, “I believe it will not be out of place for reputable media organizations like the Guardian to set up a special desk for fact-checking as a panacea for this problem. That way, you can help citizens to separate fact from fiction. I am aware that some media organizations are already doing this, but it must be taken seriously by every media establishment.”
“In an era of fake news and misinformation, the media has a duty to get its facts right. The media does itself a great favour by ensuring that charlatans and hack writers do not dominate the media space, as it’s increasingly becoming the case here in Nigeria.”
“It is said that for the media to be able to play its role, which is to inform, criticize and stimulate debate, it must take responsibility for whatever it puts out. In other words, it must get its facts right.”
“But can we say today that most of what we read, hear and watch in the news are factual?”
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Patoranking – Celebrate Me
- Hanu Jay & Mayorkun – Insane
- Oritse Femi – Baby ft Iyanya
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Olamide – PonPon ft Fave
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- Rema – Soundgasm
- TMP – KIZO ft Bella Shmurda
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fanzy Papaya – ParacetaMoney