Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami recently revealed this after the Federal Executive Council meeting at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
According to him, the declaration is necessary to ensure that the November 6 governorship election in the state takes place smoothly.
He added that the government is determined to guarantee a hitch-free election in Anambra despite the wave of attacks and killings in the state.
His words, “When our national security is attacked, and the sanctity of our constitutionally-guaranteed democracy is threatened, no possibility is ruled out.”
“As a government, we have a responsibility to ensure the sustenance of our democratic order. As a government, we have a responsibility to provide security for lives and properties.”
“So, within the context of these constitutional obligations of the government or the desire to establish democratic norms and order, there is no possibility that is ruled out.”
“So, what I’m saying, in essence, is that no possibility is ruled out by government in terms of ensuring the sanctity of our democratic order, in terms of ensuring that our elections in Anambra hold.”
“And you cannot rule out the possibility of declaration of state of emergency where it is established, in essence, that there is a failure on the part of the state government to ensure the sanctity of security of lives, properties and democratic order.”
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Teni – Moslado (Pheelz Refix)
- Omah Lay – Understand (AMEME Remix)
- Flavour – Levels
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Zinoleesky – Gone Far
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Chike, Gyakie & Fiokee – Follow You
- Jamopyper – O Nana ft Olamide
- Naira Marley – First Time in America
- Mayorkun – Back in Office