INEC chairman, Attahiru Jega said the commission would proceed with plans to use card readers in the forthcoming elections despite resistance from PDP.
Jega made this comments on Monday, march 16, 2015 during a town hall meeting in Abuja.
The INEC boss said �If we don’t use card readers, we will lose respect and credibility. We will be going back to old ways when alteration of results were possible,”
Jega also said INEC has conducted a quality assurance test which certified that the card readers would work and there will be no problem.
On his resignation and being forced to proceed on terminal leave, Jega said �I am not under any pressure to resign. The issue of terminal leave is voluntary. Why will I resign when I have a constitutional duty? Until, April 11, I have a duty. I think it is a disservice for anybody to resign at a stage there is serious assignment like the one I am doing.”
�No sensible person, in my view, will contemplate leaving when there is a duty. I read about the pressure on me to resign or that anybody want to sack me on newspapers like everybody. Nobody has told me to proceed on terminal leave,”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Mr P & Tiwa Savage – I Do [AuDio]
- Rema – Ginger Me [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Crayon – Jackpot ft Bella Shmurda
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Wizkid & Akon – Escape [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Burna Boy – Trap Symphony [AuDio]