Patience Ozokwor, aka Mama G, in a new interview with Yes magazine, explained why she usually plays wicked, evil woman roles.
Why do you always take up the role of a bad woman in movies?
People should admit that I have something to play! People are known for stunts, romance, bad boys and girls, gigolo and so on, but I have that as my strong point. It was when I was coming up that I thought I might get hurt or be hated for playing those roles but I never knew it was going to even make me popular and loved.
The roles I play most times are very vibrant and make people want to watch all my movies; even if I play the role of a good woman now my fans will start complaining, you understand? And if your fans start complaining that they don’t want you in a particular role, it makes the producers want to give me those bad woman roles the more.
I don’t ask for it, they just give it to me and if the script I get has something new and my fans are anxious of what the role is going to be like, I can make it different from what I used to do.
It is not easy to play bad roles at all times. Ask any artiste around you and they will tell you it’s not easy to cry and shout on set at the same time when it isn’t your normal self. It is not an easy task at all.
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- Falz – Mercy
- Jamopyper & Davido – Better Better (Remix)
- Humblesmith – Dance
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Ajebutter22 – Unconditionally ft Oxlade
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Ayra Starr – Bloody Samaritan
- Ruger & Midas The Jagaban – Bounce (UK Remix)
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- 2Baba & Falz – Rise Up