Afrobeat singer, Seun Kuti, has shared his own reaction to the “plane seat” conversation that involved Nigerian man and the popular Wole Soyinka.
The Nigerian man ignored the status of who he was speaking to and asked the Nobel laureate to stand up from his seat on board a flight over the weekend.
Seeing the news, Seun Kuti immediately reacted by sharing his own meaning of respect.
His words on Instagram, “That being said, the Nigerian professional class is callous and exemplified by this whole WS issue. The only culture they know is Agbada and how to respect elders. Just aesthetics nothing concrete. This ‘respecting elders’ is just an excuse not to stand up to elders!! To go around sucking up and kisses donkeys!( u know the right word).
Ask them other than their agbada and ‘respecting elders’ what other african culture do they practice or hold higher than European and Arabic ideals. Ask them, the answer is Zero, Zilch, Nada. Respecting the elders the Nigerian professional class’ shelter as they continue to collude and connive to destroy us! Wole Soyinka doesn’t mind, he never ‘respected elders’ in his own days.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Seyi Shay & Yemi Alade – Pempe
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Chidinma – Jehovah Overdo [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Chiké – Forever (Gyakie Cover)