She is also marking her 40th year in the entertainment industry, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to her, numbers are very important to her and she is super grateful to God for the amazing milestones in her life and career.
Joke Silva added that it has been an incredible journey and she is grateful to the fans for their endless love.
Her words, “Numbers are very important to me, so this year, as I turn 60, I also mark forty years in the industry I love. #[email protected]
My biography of that title #[email protected] is actually in the works.
Psalm 100 (40+60)is on my lips today as I express my gratitude to God!
Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God…”
It has been an incredible journey and I thank you all for your endless love.”
Nollywood is a sobriquet that originally referred to the Nigerian film industry. The origin of the term dates back to the early 2000s, traced to an article in The New York Times. Due to the history of evolving meanings and contexts, there is no clear or agreed-upon definition for the term, which has made it a subject to several controversies.
The origin of the term “Nollywood” remains unclear; Jonathan Haynes traced the earliest usage of the word to a 2002 article by Matt Steinglass in the New York Times, where it was used to describe Nigerian cinema.
Charles Igwe noted that Norimitsu Onishi also used the name in a September 2002 article he wrote for the New York Times. The term continues to be used in the media to refer to the Nigerian film industry, with its definition later assumed to be a portmanteau of the words “Nigeria” and “Hollywood”, the American major film hub.
Film-making in Nigeria is divided largely along regional, and marginally ethnic and religious lines. Thus, there are distinct film industries – each seeking to portray the concern of the particular section and ethnicity it represents. However, there is the English-language film industry which is a melting pot for filmmaking and filmmakers from most of the regional industries.
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- Dj Chascolee – Octo Miles Nija At 57 [MixTape]
- Deejay HighBee – Best Of 2face #FORTYFIED [MixTape]
- Dj Sodje – True Nigerian Dream [Mixtape]
- Dj OsAs & Dj MoreMuzic & AU-Pro – December Party [MixTape]
- Afrobank Music & Tiwa Savage New Year Mix with DJ Promtwist
- [COMEDY] MC Spinosky(@mcspinosky) – ABIDE W’T ME
- Ketchup and Dj StiphBami – Show Me Yur Rozay [Mashup Edit]
- Wizboyy – Chinko [AuDio]
- Pucado – Ukwu Nka (Remix) ft Phyno [AuDio]
- Nsico Michaels – Yak Aba (Let It Be) ft Devyn Rose, Rina, O’giveR, Danny P, JSongz & Sa’Shay [AuDio]
- Sun X – Arizona + Mama [AuDio]
- Danagog – Pelemo ft Lola Rae [AuDio]