Adekunle Gold spoke on the influence of Olamide on his music career in a recent interview. The urban high-life prince revealed that the record deal he signed with YBNL in 2015, transformed his fate for good.
The singer is said to shuffling between the lives of a brand manager and an underground singer, until his music got to the notice of the Olamide-owned label, YBNL. Adekunle Gold got signed up by the label and his music career took-off from there. He has grown from the ‘new YBNL boy’ to become a unique act that commands a commendable fan base.
Adekunle Gold has revealed that his first trip outside the country was sponsored by Olamide.
YBNL moved me. I had Sade before YBNL and it was already getting popular. When I got signed to the label, we shot the video and it became like a sensation everywhere.
Getting signed to YBNL took me to London for the first time. That was in 2015. So, YBNL changed everything for me. I am grateful to Olamide for all the support and inspiration
He went on to speak on his forthcoming project and revealed that his sophomore album is in the pipeline. The album is slated for release in the first quarter of 2018.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Wizkid & Akon – Escape [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – As E Dey Go [AuDio]