This was recently revealed in the 2021 Forbes’ Africa Billionaires List released hours ago, and Africa has been reacting.
According to Forbes, the president/CEO of Dangote Group is now worth $12.1 billion, up by $2 billion from last year’s list following a 30% rise in the share price of Dangote Cement.
A statement read, “For the tenth year in a row, Aliko Dangote of Nigeria is the continent’s richest person, worth $12.1bn, up by $2bn from last year’s list, thanks to a roughly 30 per cent rise in the share price of Dangote Cement, by far his most valuable asset.”
Congrats to him.
Aliko Dangote GCON (born 10 April 1957) is a Nigerian billionaire business magnate and philanthropist.
He is the wealthiest person in Africa, and the richest Black person in the world with an estimated net worth of US$13.5 billion (July 2020).
Aliko Dangote, an ethnic Hausa Muslim from Kano, Kano State, was born on 10 April 1957 into a wealthy Muslim family, the son of Mohammed Dangote and Mariya Sanusi Dantata, the daughter of Sanusi Dantata.
He is the great-grandson of Alhaji Alhassan Dantata, the richest West African at the time of his death in 1955.
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Becky G & Burna Boy – Rotate
- Killertunes – Light Up ft Walshy Fire, Sha Sha & Like Mike
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]