The APC has ruled out the possibility of the Governor of Lagos state, Babatunde Fashola as a possible running mate to any of the Presidential aspirants in the party.
According to a chieftain of the party who spoke on condition of anonymity to Punch, Gov. Fashola’s religion has disqualified him as a possible running mate since the party would be fielding a Muslim as its Presidential candidate. The chieftain said the party was not going to be fielding a Muslim-Muslim ticket hence the decision to drop Gov Fashola as a possible running mate.
“You know that the South-West is a base for the APC and it also contributed immensely to its formation. We would have preferred Fashola because of his pedigree in the state. Moreover, of all the APC governors from the zone, he is the only one doing his second term. But this issue of religion is the problem” the Chieftain said.
Out of the four contenders for the Presidential ticket of the party, three of them, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari rtd, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar and Gov Rabiu Kwankwaso of Kano state are all Muslims. It is only the Chairman of leadership newspaper, Mr Sam Nda-Isaiah that is a Christian.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Philkeyz, Yemi Alade & Bisa Kdei – Complicated [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Shadow – Trauma
- Kizz Daniel – Currently ft Olamide, Falz & LK Kuddy
- Stefflon Don – Can’t Let You Go Remix ft Tiwa Savage & Rema
- Omah Lay – Godly [AuDio]
- Edanos – Woman Crush Everyday