Some teens will do anything to get their hands on an iPhone and iPad, even if it means they have to sell their organs.
A 17-year-old high school kid sold a kidney to a clandestine agency that sells human organs on the black market just to buy an iPhone and an iPad2.
On Thursday, a trial addressing the incident began in the People’s Court of the Beihu district in Chenzhou, Hunan Province, China.
Selling a kidney for an iPhone may sound like a joke, but when iPhones and iPads started selling in China too, the joke has turned into reality.
In April of last year, Wang allegedly sold a kidney to an illegal agency for 22,000 yuan or $3,454, to buy an iPhone and iPad2.
After realizing that their son had become increasingly weak, Wang’s parents insisted to discover what had happened and discovered that their teen had sold a kidney. They immediately called the police.
On the lookout to make money by selling a kidney, Wang had found the illegal agency through the Web. He then went to a hospital in Chenzhou following the instructions of the agency and underwent surgery.
The agency sold the kidney of Wang for more than 319,000 yuan, 15 times the 22,000 yuan they paid the teen, according to prosecutors.
The remaining money was divided by the agency and the doctors, who performed the surgery, according to prosecutors.
Wang is suffering from serious medical problems now for the 22,000 yuan he had received.
The verdict is still pending.
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – RockStar (Reggae version) [AuDio]
- DJ Kaywise – What Type Of Dance ft Mayorkun, Naira Marley & Zlatan
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]