He recently revealed this when the national leadership of the Nigerian Guild of Editors paid him a courtesy visit at the Rivers State Government House, Port Harcourt.
According to him, the protest against police brutality was very peaceful until IPOB members took the law into their own hands and turned everything upside down.
He added that IPOB members are criminals and he will never support criminality during his reign as governor.
His words, “I don’t support criminality. IPOB killed six army officers, four policemen, burnt police stations and court buildings.”
“This is Rivers State. Go to Oyigbo and see the level of destruction. Now the state government will be rebuilding those facilities. Those who don’t understand our actions are saying we are fighting the Igbo. How will they allow criminals to speak for them when there are intelligent Igbo people to speak for them?
“If they (IPOB) are aggrieved, instead of channeling it to the right quarters, they go and kill innocent people and destroy public places (sic)”.
“Look at what has happened. There were #EndSARS protests across the country. Nobody knows how the youths were able to organise themselves without a leader.
“Up until now, intelligence can’t even know how they did it and who’s behind them. Without good intelligence, how can Nigeria even defeat Boko Haram?”
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Danny Boy – Come Over [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- Overall – Iyawo Mi [AuDio]
- Timaya – Okaka
- Omah Lay – Confession [AuDio]
- WurlD – Chop N Pray [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Timaya – Something Must To Kill A Man
- Omah Lay – Godly [AuDio]