Lagos State in Nigeria has been ranked the world’s third worst city to live in.
This report is according to the 2016 World livability ranking released by the Economist Intelligence Unit yesterday Thursday August 18th. Out of 140 countries that was used during the survey, Lagos came 138th just above war-ravaged Tripoli and Damascus.
�Of the poorer-scoring cities, 13 continue to occupy the very bottom tier of liveability, where ratings fall below 50 per cent and most aspects of living are severely restricted. Continued threats from groups like Boko Haram acts as a constraint to improving stability in Lagos.”
According to the report, the top five best countries to live in, remained Melbourne in Australia, Vienna in Austria, Vancouver in Canada, Toronto in Canada and Calgary in Canada.
The liveability survey assesses which locations around the world provide the best or the worst living conditions across five broad categories � stability, healthcare, culture and environment, education, and infrastructure.
Of the five categories, Lagos scored highest in culture and environment, followed by infrastructure. It scored lowest in stability.
Three other African cities joined Lagos at the bottom rung of the liveable cities, with Douala, Cameroun; Harare, Zimbabwe; and Algiers, Algeria; ranking 132nd, 133rd, and 134th respectively.
No African city made it to the top 10 most liveable cities, five were in the 10 least liveable cities.
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Becky G & Burna Boy – Rotate
- Killertunes – Light Up ft Walshy Fire, Sha Sha & Like Mike
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]