The Secretary-General of Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore, Saleh Alhassan, recently revealed this in an interview, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to him, Miyetti Allah shouldn’t be saying the ban on open grazing is targeted at destroying the means of livelihood of herdsmen and radicalise the herders, and they should instead obey the laws of the land, else there will be consequences.
He added that Yoruba people might be very accommodating, but if they are pushed to the wall, they will definitely fight back.
His words, “Can a Southerner or a Yoruba man living in the North refuse to obey the Sharia law or any other law of the Northern states?”
“Yoruba people have been very accommodating, but if we are pushed to the wall, we are going to fight back.”
“How can a group of people, under a business name or an association, come out openly to say that they cannot obey the law of the state where they are operating their business, even if the law affects their business?”
“We call on the South-West governors to put everything in place to make sure the open grazing law is effectively obeyed to avoid and put to end clashes between farmers and herdsmen in the Southwest.”
“The days of open grazing are gone, and anyone that is interested in rearing cattle should establish a cattle ranch.”
“We are warning the members of the Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore to be ready to obey the open grazing law in South-West or face the wrath of the law or other consequences.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Jesse Jagz – Opportunity (High-Life) [AuDio]
- Reminisce ft Olamide & Endia – Government (Ijoba)
- Bracket – Nana [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best Of Terry G [MixTape]
- Wizkid – Sweet Potato [AuDio]
- Jahborne ft Sound Sultan – Fine Girl [AuDio]
- Vector – Follow Me Dey Go (Remix) ft 2face [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – Celebrate [AuDio]
- Wizkid ft Wale – Drop [AuDio]
- Reminisce ft Wizkid – Eleniyan [AuDio]
- Flavour – I’m For Real [AuDio]