“Game of Thrones” actress, Sophie Turner has shared that criticism of her role as Sansa Stark on the HBO hit series was one of the reasons that led to her depression.
In a recent interview with Dr. Phil on his popular podcast, she revealed that she began to get depressed when she was about 17.
Her words, “The biggest challenge is just for me getting out of bed and getting out of the house and learning to love yourself I think is the biggest challenge,”
She disclosed that she felt she was alone after her friends and brothers went for college, while she filming GOT and living with her mom and dad.
She continued, “It only started to kind of go downhill I think when I started to hit puberty, and really puberty, though, at like 17,”
“My metabolism was like slowing down massively, and I was gaining weight. And then there was the social media scrutiny and everything, and that was when it kind of hit me.”
“I would just believe it,”
“I would just say, ‘Yeah, I am spotty. Yeah I am fat. I am a bad actress.’ And I just believed it.”
But with therapy, Sophie feels much better now.
Her words, “I love myself now, or more than I used to, I think. I don’t think I love myself at all, but I’m now with someone that makes me realize, you know, that I do have some redeeming qualities I suppose,” she said, referencing her fiancé Joe Jonas. “When someone tells you they love you every day, it makes you really think about why that is, and I think it makes you love yourself a little bit more, so, yeah, I love myself.”
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Becky G & Burna Boy – Rotate
- Killertunes – Light Up ft Walshy Fire, Sha Sha & Like Mike
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]