Ex Governor and vice-presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP in the Feb polls, Peter Obi has cried out that Nigeria has a $90bn, about N28 trillion debt portfolio with absolutely nothing to show for it.
The PDP man said Nigeria has spent more than N1,6 trillion to service debt and N2.9 trillion to service debt in 2018, and still, there is no result.
He said as other countries borrow to develop projects, Nigeria borrows to only consume.
He added that if we continue like this, we cannot grow as a country.
His words, “The problem is not about debt, but what you use your money to do.”
“Nigeria is home to the highest number of poor people living in extreme poverty in the world. Nigeria now has more people living in extreme poverty than any other country in the world. Every minute, six Nigerians fall into extreme poverty,”
“The country is like a keg of gunpowder on the verge of exploding. It is worrisome.”
Do you see sense in what he said?
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Tems – Crazy Tings
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- 2Baba – Searching ft Bongos Ikwue
- Olamide & Eskeez – Loose It
- DJ Latitude, Soundz & Fireboy DML – Peru (Amapiano Remix)
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Tito Da.Fire – Kokoro [AuDio + ViDeo]
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- L.A.X – Faster
- Skales – I Dey Miss You ft Imanse
- Jaywon – Las Last ft Seyi Vibez