He recently had his say in a viral interview, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to him, his mother actually went to a number of popular Nigerian religious leaders in a bid to get well when she was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, but many of them basically used the opportunity to milk her while giving her false hope.
He added that what the churches did was nothing but divine hustle, and it is not even seen as a crime in Nigeria.
His words, “I saw the hustle. I feel like, how you tell your friend when there’s a job, I feel when there’s a public figure, all these pastors, their friends are like, ‘there’s this woman that is dying, we need to go and milk that puppy’.”
“So, I felt it was a racket. In Nigeria, we don’t call it crime or anything, but I felt there was a hustle.”
“She went to, is it Pastor Adeboye’s place in Lagos for like a week? The whole shebang. She came back and said they need to do a scan that God has healed her. ”
“And I remember my father was crying when he was taking her to do the scan. He knew what they would see. And he wasn’t trying to shut it down, he was trying to dampen expectations.”
“But my mum, you know how someone is like ‘God has healed me’. And they go and they see the mass of the cancer there, grown larger, and my mum just became a shell for like three days.”
“And you just see someone, a larger-than-life figure just whittling away every day.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- DJ Kaywise – Cheers To 2022 Mix
- Mozatti – PUNA ft Iyanya
- Pheelz & Rayvanny – Finesse (East African Remix) ft Theecember
- DJ Latitude, Soundz & CKay – Emiliana (Amapiano Remix)
- King Six – Gone
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- DJ 4kerty – Zazoo MixTape
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Timaya – Get My Money Right
- Dremo – Monaco
- Afrobank Music & Tiwa Savage New Year Mix with DJ Promtwist
- Terry G – Shayo Yapa ft Prince banton