Deputy Chief Whip of the House of Representatives, Hon. Nkeiruka Onyejeocha has come out to say that governors are not making use of ecological funds to address erosion menaces destroying their states.
According to Hon. Nkeiruka, even if FG shares ecological funds to states every month, the governors scarcely use it to tackle ecological issues in their states.
Speaking to journalists at her home in Isuochi, Abia State, she then asked for the separation of ecological funds from federal allocations accruing to states.
Her words, “I think the best practice will be to separate ecological funds from federal allocations and not lumping it together with other items in FAC. The federal government releases ecological funds to states every month which is lumped together in the federal allocations, yet state governors rarely tackle ecological problems in their states. Ecological funds should be strictly deployed to addressing ecological challenges.”
She added that she had talked to the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, and other important agencies about the erosion menace in her constituency, and she hopes something would be done soonest.
We hope so too.
Nkeiruka Onyejeocha (born November 23, 1969) is a Nigerian politician and member of Federal Constituency of Abia State of Nigeria.
Onyejeocha was born in Isuochi in Nigeria’s Abia state.
Onyejeocha represents the Isuikwuato/Umunneochi constituency. She was first elected member of the Federal House of Representatives in 2007, and later re-elected in 2015. At the National Assembly, Onyejeocha became chairman of women in parliament and chairman of the House Committee on Aviation.
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Ajebo Hustlers – Barawo (Remix) ft Davido [ViDeo]
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Terry Apala – We No Want Sars [AuDio]
- Danny S – O O (Original Ole) [AuDio]
- Yung Alpha & Ice Prince – Because Of iPhone [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay