He recently revealed the sad news on Twitter, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to him, both singers broke coronavirus protocols by perfoming amid the pandemic, and they will have to face the consequence in the country.
He added that the manager of the venue where the performance took place has also been detained.
His words, “Nigerian Artist Omah lay has been arrested by katwe police, the manager of the venue one Dungu Ivan and the Events manager Prim Kasana are also in custody.”
What do you think?
Stanley Omah Didia (born May 19 1997) known professionally as Omah Lay is a singer, songwriter, record producer.
He first gained prominence in 2020 after his debut single ‘You’ went viral. He started off as a producer and songwriter in Port Harcourt but only made up his mind to take up singing when he realized he doesn’t get enough credit for the songs he helped create for others.
He then recorded and put out ‘Do not Disturb’ and ‘Hello Brother’ in his hometown Port Harcourt which earned him a record deal with KeyQaad – a new record label at the time.
Omah Lay was born in the city of Port Harcourt in Southern Nigeria, he spent most of his teenage years at Marine Base. Omah Lay wouldn’t be the first to attempt music in his family as his grandfather made a career as a drummer for the late 70s Highlife sensation – Celestine Ukwu.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- Seyi Shay & Yemi Alade – Pempe
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Crayon – Jackpot ft Bella Shmurda
- Chidinma – Jehovah Overdo [AuDio + ViDeo]