He recently had his say while speaking to the press, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to him, he was actually contacted by the Labour Party to become Obi’s vice presidential candidate, but he declined the opportunity because he does not believe Obi stands a chance in 2023.
Shagari added that the fact is if any politician wants to become president in Nigeria, he must belong to either APC or PDP.
His words, “The Labour party contacted me and requested if I would like to be the Vice Presidential candidate to Peter Obi.”
“And I looked at the political scenario, what Labour party is, and decided that I cannot be the Vice Presidential candidate to Peter Obi.”
“I do not see the path through which Peter Obi will win the election in this country.”
“It is so clear that in areas in the South-East, and young people are shouting about him on social media – yes, it’s politics.”
“But the truth of the matter is that there are two dominant parties in this country – APC and PDP. If you want to become President, I think you must belong to one of them.”
“It’s purely a party affair.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- Wande Coal – Baby Face [AuDio]
- SpyDaMan – Real Man Love ft M.I Abaga [AuDio]
- Ric Hassani – Only You [AuDio]
- Shadow – Granny’s Baby EP
- Dj Baddo – Best Of 2Face [MixTape]
- Deejay HighBee – Best Of 2face #FORTYFIED [MixTape]
- Dj kaywise – Wedding Mix [MixTape]
- Dj OsAs & Dj MoreMuzic & AU-Pro – December Party [MixTape]
- Dj Chascolee – Octo Miles Nija At 57 [MixTape]
- DJ Baddo – Marlians Pawon Mix
- Afrobank Music & Tiwa Savage New Year Mix with DJ Promtwist
- [COMEDY] MC Spinosky(@mcspinosky) – ABIDE W’T ME